Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Ciate delivers an advent calendar of 24 mini polishes (including seven textured manicure toppers), $58. Available at Sephora in the Prudential Center, Cambridgeside Galleria, the Mall at
- Give a bundle of blowouts from Be Styled to ensure that your lucky recipient looks polished at all her holiday parties and even into New Year's Eve. The dry bar has locations in Chestnut Hill, Wellesley, and Lynnf
- The annual DavidsTea advent sampler is the perfect excuse to warm up (or calm down, depending on how frazzled the holidays make her). For $34.50, the set contains 24 loose leaf tea flavors, incl
- Guarantee a treat-filled December with the "Countdown to Love" advent calendar from Benefit, boasting minis of 24 cult-favorite products for $68. The box barely needs any
- If she's less into glamming up and would rather soothe at the source, we suggest "Spa in a Bag" from Amber Blue at Follain in the South End. This 10-piece kit uses natural botanical ingredients, free of nasty chemicals, to target all skin ailments
The pageantry of unwrapping gifts is arguably half the fun of receiving them, so if bells and whistles make your family and friends giddy, why not give something that keeps giving long after the bows are untied and the paper is torn? Ease your mom or BFFL into the holiday season with an advent calendar or beauty bundle that will treat them from December 1 through Christmas Eve. And no, of course you aren't sucking up to them for a killer reciprocal present next month—but if you are, we won't judge. Don't be surprised if you decide to grab an extra set of these for yourself.
· All 2013 Gift Guides [Racked Boston]