Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Curbed National got the scoop on all the awesomely strange design details in Restoration Hardware. (Please, oh please, will you open already?!) People continue to question why everyone cares so much about the opening of a furniture store (well, we really like them) but here are five reasons it may be worth the chatter:
1. A cinema with "an antique popcorn machine from the 1930s from the World's Fair."
2. An open-for-play billiard room with a refurbished vintage Brunswick table.
3. A 100-year-old beer bar salvaged from a local Boston pub.
4. An library featuring design magazines and newspapers from around the globe.
5. More than 150 chandeliers.
Yowza. Want even more RH? Curbed has nine more fun facts.
· 14 Crazy Things About Restoration Hardware's Boston Store [Curbed]
· All RH news [Racked Boston]