Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
It's hard to believe anyone would be in shopping spirits today anyway, but in case you are wondering, here are the businesses in the Back Bay and elsewhere who have closed their doors today whether due to proximity to the bomb site or in memory of the victims. The Prudential Center and Copley Place, some of the closer retail venues to the attacks, are open today but allowing individual retailers to determine their own store hours.
This information is as of Tuesday, with noted Wednesday updates.
· Faneuil Hall retailers are open normal hours.
Serenella is closed today. Update: Serenella has reopened on Wednesday, April 17.
Daniela Corte is closed today, but plans to resume business tomorrow. Update: Daniela Corte has reopened on Wednesday, April 17.
· Saks Fifth Avenue remains closed today.
· The Closet is closed today.
City Sports at 480 Boylston will be closed until further notice. Update: City Sports has reopened as of 3:30pm on Wednesday, April 17.
· Artifaktori in Beacon Hill is closed today.
Athleta on Newbury will open at 2pm, and will also offer refreshments to serve as a meeting places. Update: Athleta will not be opening today after all.
· Mila Lilu and Magic Beans within the Pru are closed today.
· Isis Parenting in the Pru is open through 4pm, though its classes are cancelled. They also offer advice on telling your children about traumatic events.
· MiniLuxe on Newbury Street is closed today and encouraging clients to reschedule services online.
· Nordstrom Rack has opened back up Wednesday, April 17, but only the Newbury Street entrance is accessible.
If you notice any more closings or openings, let us know: email@example.com.