Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The Expected: Light Wash Denim – The Update: Joe’s Jeans White Crop at National Jean Company, $158.00
- The Expected: St. James Striped Top – The Update: Equipment Rugby Stripe Silk Top at Neiman Marcus,
- The Expected: Jack Rogers Sandals – The Update: Maison Martin Margiela Leather Ankle Strap Sandal at Curated by The Tannery,
- The Expected: Vineyard Vines Tote – The Update: WILL Leather Goods Bright Stripe Carry All at Crush, $98.00
- The Expected: Jack Wills Party Pants – The Update: Paxton 1345 Vineyard Short, $39.50
- The Expected: Frat-tastic Neon Tanks – The Update: All Saints Eltan Tank, $55.00
- The Expected: Madras Shorts – The Update: J. Crew Stanton Short in Colorblock, $75.00
- The Expected: Ray-Ban Wayfarers – The Update: Shwood Canby Sunglasses at Ball & Buck, $188.00
- The Expected: Sperry Top Siders – The Update: SWIMS Penny Loafer at Scoop, $148.00
- The Expected: Mount Gay Rum Hats (which should only be for racers after the event!) – The Update: Bodega Captain Kirk High Snapback Cap, $40.00
Paris Hilton once posed an eloquent question. While her and pal Nicole Richie were traversing the country in search of odd jobs with even odder families, she asked, "Where the fu*k are we?" Sadly, she wasn't the first airhead to ponder this. In 1972, Bob Luby and Joe and Bob Horan set out on a race from Hyannis to Nantucket with their wives and girlfriends in tow. With just the ocean before them, one of the women demanded an answer to the same question—just where the fu*k were they?
In doing so she gave the now annual race its moniker, and provided Boston with an official marker for the start of summer: Figawi Race Weekend. The three day event takes place on Nantucket every Memorial Day weekend and consists of drinking, parties, a charity ball, more drinking, and if you're really interested, the race itself. Seasoned islanders have dubbed the weekend a three day long amateur hour, thanks largely in part to the swarms of Bostonians in Nantucket reds and neon tank tops, but we don't think that's all too fair.
We're always fans of a party and we're even bigger fans of party wears so we've gathered 10 essential upgrades to dressing the part for all your Memorial Day festivities. Here's to the celebrating summer and having such a good time that you forget where you are too.—Justin Reis
· C. Wonder Celebrates Its ACK Pop-Up All Weekend Long [Racked Boston]
· Avoid Men's Fashion Faux Pas With The Professional Wingman [Racked Boston]