Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Better than fresh Island Creek oysters. Viktor & Rolf 3 Tier Bow Sandal, $695 at The Tannery.
- In our version of Botticelli's Birth of Venus , these breathtaking sandals emerge from the sea in all their glory. Sergio Rossi Turbillion Suede Open Toe Stiletto Bootie, $975 at
- These are the illest summer kicks on the planet, point blank. Maison Martin Margiela Cut Out Suede and Metallic Sneaker, $695 at The Tannery.
- Add this white-hot number to the top of your must-list. Lolita, $1,295 at Jimmy Choo.
- The name says it all. Sergio Rossi Mermaid Stamped Cage Open Toe Bootie, $1,200 at Intermix.
- In which we take our vineyard day trip to the next level. Sergio Rossi Clash Colorblock Woven Wedge Sandals, $1,340 at I
- Nothing screams summer like a pair of woven wedges out by the pool. Stuart Weitzman Woven Criss Cross Ankle Wedges, $385 at Scoop NYC.
- Rag & Bone Sigrid Ankle Strap Sandals, $290 at Scoop NYC.
- Yes, yes, yes. Rouland Mouret Dolls Heel $1,319 at Louis Boston.
- Ila Heel, $358 at Kate Spade.
- Isabel Marant Elvis Studded Gladiator Sandal, Price Upon Request at Alan Bilzerian.
- Gucci Isabel Black Suede High Heeled Netted Bootie, $1,195 at The Tannery.
- Flashing those baby blues just got (way) better. Gucci Hollie Open Toe Wedge $495 at The Tannery.
- Giuseppe Zanotti Star Detail Suede Cage Bootie Sandal $2495 at
- Givenchy Gradient Cone Heel Sandal $1,769 at Barneys.
- I mean, can you even? Giuseppe Zanotti Mirrored Platform Sandal, $750 at Intermix.
- As515 Shoe, Price Upon Request at Escada.
- Just imagine these babies clicking into one of the rooftop cabanas at the BOKX. Giuseppe Zanotti Ankle Wrap Suede Sandal, $695 at
- Fringe Sandal by K. Jacques, $425 at Calypso St Barth.
- Gucci Cecyl Bronze Leather Studded Wedge, $895 at The Tannery.
- Framed Python and Suede Platform Sandals, $775 at Burberry.
- These need no introduction. Gucci Coda Neon Yellow High Top Sneaker, $640 at The Tannery.
- Brian Atwood Temptation Ankle Tie Sandal, $875 at Intermix.
- 85MM Color Weave Sandal Wedge, $348 at Marc by Marc Jacobs.
- Jealousy-inducing metallics, check. Metallic T Strap Heel, $430 at Cynthia Rowley.
- Christian Louboutin Python Masai Daffodile Pump, $2,995 at Barneys.
- Because knowing Boston, we'll definitely be needing these. Classic Newbury in Navy Floral, $550 at rag & bone.
- For our Rihanna days. Altuzarra Knee-High Gladiator Thong Sandal $1,629 at Barneys.
So, here's what's going to happen when this heatwave hits: We'll hole up in our apartments, enjoying the oh-so-refreshing feel of newly installed central air (mojito in hand), while savoring this whale of a gallery. Been waiting for the perfect time to spend that tax money? Here are 28 of the most expensive shoes in Boston. Spoiler alert: there's enough Sergio Rossi, Altuzarra, and Giuseppe Zanotti to charter a Learjet. We're officially in Carrie Bradshaw territory—Jesus take the wheel.—Heather C. White
· The New Frye Store Is More Than a Nod to MA History [Racked Boston]
· Show Some Toe Cleavage in These Seven Spring Shoes [Racked Boston]