Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to Weddings Week 2013, our week-long ode to nuptials in Boston.
- Laura Preshong Diamond Twig Ring, $2450 (as shown)
- Mémoire Four Prong Diamond Engagement Ring from the Bouquet Diamond Collection at Long's Jewelers, $2150 (as shown)
- Hannah Blount 14k Yellow Gold and Sterling Silver Barnacle Ring with White Diamond, $298
- E.B. Horn 14kt Yellow Gold Marquise Center with 2 Brilliant Cuts, $2475
- Freedman Jewelers Coast LC5250-RG, can be priced below $3000 depending on center diamond
- M. Flynn Channel Set Band, $2250
- Market Square Jewelers Victorian (late 1800s) Old Mine Cut Solitaire Engagement Ring on Etsy, $885
Times are tough and purse strings may be tight. Perhaps you're delegating a lot of dough to the honeymoon, the wedding itself, or maybe a budget-friendly road to marriage all around is the way to go. Whatever the reason, we present you with seven diamond engagement rings under $3000—a couple are handmade locally, others are vintage, and some can be consulted on to keep everything within means. Trust us, the only time spent on your knee will be asking for her hand, not begging for a raise.
· Weddings Week 2013 [Racked Boston]