Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
You may have tuned in to Outside the Box, a week long event (the first of its kind in Boston) celebrating performing arts and culture. The free festival is split among the Boston Common and City Hall Plaza, but there is one major draw to City Hall Plaza this weekend: Nordstrom's Boot Mobile. Forklift Food Fest, the food wing of this extravaganza, is stationed at City Hall through Sunday—and to help you cool down literally and figuratively, the Boot Mobile Airstream trailer will offer outdoor fans and a mister along with next season's boot selection.
In the trailer, you'll have the chance to peek at some of the styles the retailer has selected here and order them in person at the festival. This store on wheels coincides with Nordstrom's annual Anniversary Sale, their biggest all year, which discounts new merchandise for just two weeks until August 5. Stock up on Fall 2013 at any of the area stores, online, or if you're hitting up Forklift Food Fest, at the Boot Mobile.
- Sam Edelman 'Pippen' Bootie, marked down to $109.90 from $169.95
- Steve Madden 'Monicaa' Boot, marked down to $126.90 from $189.95
- Steve Madden 'Barton' Boot, marked down to $149.90 from $229.95
- Hunter 'Rigley' Rain Boot, marked down to $119.90 from $195.00
- Frye 'Veronica' Back Zip Short Boot, marked down to $198.90 from $297.95
- Enzo Angiolini 'Ellerby' Boot (Nordstrom Exclusive), marked down to $149.90 from $224.95
- Clarks® 'Rosepoint Dew' Bootie, marked down to $89.90 from $139.95