Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Couture sneakers from Chanel's collection; Photo by Driely S. via Racked
- Nike Womens Rosherun Print at Concepts, $75
- Superga 2750 Classic at Thom Brown, $69.99
- New Balance 019, $74.99
- Puma Alexander McQueen Tabaka, $150
- Asics Ult Racer Running Sneaker at Urban Outfitters, $75
- Zara Sneakers With Detailing, $99.90
- Vans x Della Authentic at Bodega, $60
- New Balance 501 Back Pack Sneaker at Karmaloop, $65
- Converse Chuck Taylor Metallic, $75
- Nike Free 5.0 Tri Fit 4 at City Sports, $95
Sneakers, while a common character in fashion trend cycles, are having a moment right now both on the runway (for example, Chanel's couture interpretations) and the street (adidas Stan Smiths are everywhere this Fall 2014 fashion month). How about trading in those overplayed wedge sneakers for some trainer-inspired kicks this spring? Any of these 10 athletic styles are sure to properly pare down your look (and your discomfort level).
· 80 Photos Inside the Chanel Showroom, Couture Sneakers and All [Racked]
· Stan Smiths Are Even More Ubiquitous in Paris Than at NYFW [Fashionista]
· All Buy It Now posts [Racked Boston]