Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Photo courtesy of SalonCapri
- Princess-style pony, created by SalonCapri Newbury senior stylist Graziella Lembo; Photo courtesy of SalonCapri
- Flower-embellished up-do (using hyacinths from Winston Flowers), created by SalonCapri Newbury senior stylist Graziella Lembo; Photo courtesy of SalonCapri
- Sleek and simple bun, created by James Joseph Newbury stylist Chloe Cormier; Photo by Amanda Considine of Shore Shotz Photography, courtesy of bride Jenni McNeill Brown
- Romantic curls with beaded headband, created by Blo stylist Amanda Gurdjian; Photo courtesy of Blo
- "Uptini," created by Drybar Back Bay stylist Kym Nguyen; Photo courtesy of Drybar
In what is poised to be the most photographed day of your life, you'd like bridal hair that is equally photogenic—no crunchy curls, overzealous plaits, or lopsided chignons, please. We've polled styling pros from salons around town (SalonCapri, James Joseph, Drybar, and Blo) on their favorite recent wedding 'dos. The result? Romantic waves, floral and bejeweled details, a chic top knot, and a refined yet dramatic pony.
· Weddings Week 2014 [Racked Boston]