Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Man-about-town and Improper Bostonian columnist Jonathan Soroff knows a few things about style—including how to pack a killer beach bag. With the weekend just around the corner, find inspiration by what we found inside his.—Karyn Polewaczyk
1. "To hold everything, I use a G-Tech knapsack with iPod connectivity. It's been around the world over ten times, and has served me just as well on the beaches of Europe, South America, and New Zealand as it has here."
2. "I use Skinceuticals Sheer UV Defense on my face—it's the one sunscreen I've found that doesn't clog pores."
3. "A spray bottle of Evian is a great way to cool off when I don't feel like going into the water."
4. "My iPod nano is great for walking along the beach—"Fall in Love" by Phantogram, "Doses and Mimosas" by Cherub, "Hurry Hurry" by Jessie Baylin, and "When We First Met" by Hellogoodbye are all heavy in rotation right now."
5. "A fun, steamy beach read—like my book, Crimes of Fashion. Buy it!"