Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Sure, H&Ms might exist all over the country, but the Swedish fast-fashion mega-chain is pretty selective about which stores stock its home goods collection. Right now, it's only carried in three US locations—until Thursday, when Boston will be added to the list.
On August 7th at 10am, H&M Newbury Street relaunches with the housewares collection and a refreshed layout. Accessories, lingerie, maternity, Home, sportswear, and H&M+, the plus-size line, will all get new "store within a store" set-ups. They're also adding a global recycling program and offering a voucher for 15% off to anyone who brings in a bag of unwanted clothing (from any brand, not just H&M.)
Other opening perks:
· Boston Fashionista is hooking up 15 people with a free outfit and one free H&M Home item, not to mention early access to the store. To win, be one of the first 15 to take a selfie and tag it #BostonLovesHMHome and @BosFashionista.
· Speaking of "Boston Loves H&M Home," it's also the secret password for 20% off one home item—just mention it to the cashier at check-out.
· Bring your bags of recyclable clothing to the store before it opens at 10am, and you could also win a gift card for $50 to $100. That might be worth getting up early for.
· H&M 100 Newbury Grand Re-Opening! [Boston Fashionista]
· H&M Newbury Street Boston Grand Re-Opening [Mon Petit Chou Choi]
· H&M to Add 30,000 Square Feet to Its Newbury Street Store [Racked Boston]